Our patient satisfaction surveys are now easier to use – for both you and your patients.
Within any healthcare organization, patient satisfaction surveys are critical for obtaining meaningful feedback to help identify areas in need of improvement. The Compliance Team created its own database, the Patient Quality Measurement™ (PQM) Satisfaction Portal, over 21 years ago and offers it to all Exemplary Providers, at no additional fee. When you use our service, you will benchmark your patient care services and practices against thousands of other provider surveys in our database. We currently have over two million HIPAA-compliant questionnaire results.
In the past, business owners had to log into our website and manually enter patient satisfaction data. Now, The Compliance Team offers two new features that make patient satisfaction surveys easier for both the patient/client AND the business, clinic, or pharmacy.
Patient Survey Kiosk
The Patient Survey Kiosk lets you set up an on-site customer area (“kiosk”), so that the customer/patient can easily enter their satisfaction data at time of service.
- You, as the business owner, set up an area for patient use, where there is an internet-connected desktop, laptop or tablet device. This can be as simple as a desk or counter area with a dedicated computer device.
- To get the survey screen set up, you access The Compliance Team’s website and log into your account.
- Load the survey type of your choosing.
- Close out the main menu so that all that is visible is the survey screen. You only do this once, unless someone clicks on the EXIT button.
- The patient fills out the survey screen and when they press “enter,” their data is saved to your company’s survey file within The Compliance Team’s master database.
- A “thank you” message appears for a few seconds and then a new, blank survey screen comes up.
- You can generate Excel formatted reports on demand.
Patient Survey Invite Emails
This new feature allows you to trigger a time-sensitive email to your patients.
- Select the appropriate survey type, enter the patient’s name and email address, and click a “Send Email” button.
- The details of this transaction is recorded in The Compliance Team database and an email is sent to the patient.
- The email includes a link, which, when clicked, opens a browser window on the patient’s device and displays the appropriate blank survey. The patient will not need to log in to anything and will not need to provide a security code.
- Once a patient submits the survey, the survey data will be saved to our database and the patient will be shown a “thank you” screen.
- Once the patient submits a specific survey as served up via an email link, that same survey will not be able to be accessed again. This will prevent duplicates that could result from the patient (or someone else) clicking the link in the email again at some point in the future.
- You can generate Excel formatted reports on demand.
If you are not currently using The Compliance Team’s Patient Satisfaction Portal, please contact us so we can help you get started. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-654-9110.
Sandy Canally, Founder and CEO, on The Compliance Team’s Patient Satisfaction Portal
Expand your business by adding additional products.
Adding additional products to your DMEPOS business is a great opportunity for you to increase the number of patients you can serve in your community. The DMEPOS competitive bid gap, currently anticipated to last through December 31, 2020, has created an expanded market for DMEPOS suppliers to add products that previously could only be dispensed by bid winners.
The Compliance Team has received requests from many of our DMEPOS suppliers about adding products. We want to offer guidance, as well as outline the process for requesting additional product approval.
Requesting Additional Products
- Contact Kelly Haggerty (our National Scheduler) at KHaggerty@thecomplianceteam.org via email. Include your company name and the specific products, including HCPCS codes, requested.
- Kelly will respond to let you know whether the product can be added via a file review* or if an on-site visit is required, and the associated charge. She will also send the necessary paperwork, and an “add product” checklist for use to be sure all elements are met.
- Be aware that the addition of some equipment may elevate your business to a different program level, with a resulting change in program fees.
*Please note that any paperwork sent in for a file review must not include any Patient Health Information.
Must Do’s before making the decision
- Assess the number of patient/clients in your area that would be likely to use these additional products.
- Contact referrals to see if they would choose your company for this expanded line of DME.
- Review the state licensure database on the National Supplier Clearinghouse website (www.palmettogba.com/nsc) to determine if state license or licensed personnel is required for the products you wish to add.
- Review the HCPCS codes that you are considering adding on the DME PDAC website (www.dmepdac.com) to determine whether the item is categorized as capped rental, inexpensive or routinely purchased, supply, etc. If adding orthotic/prosthetic products, be sure to verify whether the item is identified as off-the-shelf, prefabricated, or custom. Some states require licensed personnel for off-the shelf items, and the majority require licensed personnel for prefabricated and custom items.
- Review any relevant “Local Coverage Determinations” and/or “Documentation Checklists” on your DME MAC website to ensure a good understanding of the required elements for coverage.
- Review the Compliance Team DMEPOS Quality Standards to ensure that all evidence of compliance is met for relevant quality standards.
- Whether adding via file review, or on-site, your Accreditation Advisor will need to verify that your company has provided training to staff on the new products, customized related policies and procedures, created any needed forms and addressed any specialty quality standards that must be met (e.g., prefabricated/custom orthotics and prosthetics have additional quality standards in addition to general DME standards).
- Following the review and approval of any additional products, providers are responsible to update the PECOS account to reflect the additional products.
DMEPOS commonly cited deficiencies
(Regulatory 1.0) License(s) not present for each state where the company is doing business or state personnel licensure requirements are not met (e.g., no required state licensed orthotist on staff).
Access the National Supplier Clearinghouse licensure database (www.palmettogba.com/NSC) as a resource for state facility and personnel licensing requirements by product.
Contact state agencies directly for any clarification needed and to obtain licensing. Suppliers are fully responsible for making sure any needed facility license(s), or licensed personnel, are in place prior to servicing patients in applicable states.
National mail order companies need to provide and maintain a listing of all states serviced, license numbers, and expiration dates.
Equipment/product delivery policies need to be customized to specify states delivered/shipped to, and clearly identify states where delivery/shipment will not occur.
“Here at Breath of Life, we continually strive to elevate our standards of care for our complex respiratory patients. Patient-Centered Respiratory Home™ (PCRH) accreditation is valuable to our business because it helps us perform at the top of our license and it sets us apart from our competition. Sandy, thank you for offering this valuable accreditation designation.”
– H. Blume Loe, Jr, Owner, Breath of Life Home Medical Equipment, Sherman, TX
Exemplary Provider Decals
We have new Exemplary Provider digital decals that you can add to your website or to your marketing materials. You can choose between generic or custom decals that include the accreditation tracks e.g. DMEPOS, Community Rx + DMEPOS, Long Term Care Pharmacy, Specialty Drug. Contact Marilyn, our communications advisor, for details, email@example.com.
P.O. Box 160
905 Sheble Lane, Suite 102
Spring House, PA 19477
Office: (215) 654-9110
Fax: (215) 654-9068
© 2021 The Compliance Team, Inc.
FIND AN EXEMPLARY PROVIDER
Search by state
Exemplary Provider®; Safety-Honesty-Caring®; Exemplary Provider Award™; Patient Quality Measurement™; Patient-Centered Pharmacy Home™; Patient-Centered Respiratory Home™; League of Exemplary Providers™; Accreditation Redefined™; Accreditation Simplified™ and Great Seal of Asclepius™ are protected trademarks of The Compliance Team, Inc., P. O. Box 160, Spring House, PA 19477